Monday, April 26, 2010

You are sweet and lovely...




Honey Baked Apple

Today I awoke after an eventful long weekend to a feeling of post mortem - the sky outside had gone from sunshine to a dark gray usually reserved for mid winter. I left the huddle of my doona to a chill in the hallway and felt the urge to run back to bed and spend the day licking my wounds. I resisted though, and instead opted for the second best thing to ail the shock of a winter's day in mid Autumn - a hot comforting meal. This recipe is an adaptation of a dessert in the Marie Claire 'Simple and Fresh' cookbook which I adjusted to become a healthy winter breakfast.

Ingredients

1 x medium to large sized Granny Smith apple
1 x tspn honey
1/4 cup muesli or granola (home made if you can)
Natural yoghurt to serve

1. Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius
2. Core the apple
3. Make an incision around the middle of the apple's skin with a sharp knife
4. Mix muesli/granola with the honey and fill the cored centre of the apple
5. Place on tray lined with baking paper and let bake for 20 mins, or until the filling looks golden and the apple is soft and juicy
6. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and extra honey if desired

This always leaves me feeling invigorated and happy on a cold day, especially alongside a hot chai tea!




No comments:

Post a Comment